Lakme 9 to 5 CC Color Transform Cream Bronze
My Complexion: Dusky
My Skin Type: Combination-Dry
It’s really hard for us dusky girls in India to find affordable base makeup. I constantly dig for good foundations, concealers, bb/cc creams, compacts powders which matches my complexion and doesn’t look ashy or fake.
Recently, I came across this new product Lakme 9 to 5 CC Color Transform Cream. I wasn’t really buying it because it is marketed as a fairness cream and had only two shades. But when It said it transforms its color and matches the skin. So, I thought of giving it a try once. So I ordered it in the shade bronze and used it for almost a week. Now that I have an opinion on it, I’ll be sharing my thoughts on this cream.
This product claims to
1. Instantly brighten, conceal, evens skin tone, moisturizes, gives freshness and protects.
2. It has SPF30++ which will protect from sun.
3. This color changing cream is like a Fairness cream
4. Gives makeup like finish.
1. Packaging of this cream is simple nothing fancy.
2. It comes in a pink cardboard box packaging
3. Product comes in a tube with a rose gold cap
4. Travel friendly
5. Compact size
1. The texture is grainy
2. It blends really well
3. It does transforms the color
4. Feels a little sticky while application
5. Looks like your skin after 20-30 mins of application.
6. Will stick on to your dry patches if you have dry skin.
I am really impressed by the packaging of this cream, it came in a hot pink card board packaging with a rose gold tube of the cream. The tube is small and compact and will fit in small pouch or kit. However, after using it for a week now I not impressed with the formulation of this cream and have mixed reviews about this product.
For the first time I wore it with my moisturizer underneath. I really liked the texture, my skin felt smooth and soft. When I used it without my daily moisturizer my skin felt dry. It was stretchy and did not feel good. So I have to apply my moisturizer underneath, which I did not like about it.
1. Pretty packaging
2. Gets absorbed nicely.
3. Light coverage for daily looks.
4. Great for oily, oily-combination skin.
5. Makes your soft and smooth for at least 5-6 hours.
6. Does not look cakey.
7. Has Sun Protection with SPF 30 PA++
8. Doesn’t crease or settle in one place.
9. Never broke me out.
1. No pump
2. Strong smell
3. Layering doesn’t feel patchy.
4. Not good for Dry or Dry-combination skin
5. Only two shades available
6. Feels sticky while blending
7. Very light coverage
8. Finish Fades away within 2-3 hours
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Lakme 9 to 5 CC Color Transform Cream?
This cream worked just fine for me. I don’t think I would use this cream in winters, since it makes my skin drier and I will not repurchase this cream.
No, I would never repurchase it. I would only recommend if you have oily skin because it doesn’t work for dry skin at all.